1. Cervical support is an auxiliary treatment device for cervical spondylosis, which can play a role in braking and protecting the cervical spine, reducing nerve wear, reducing the traumatic response of intervertebral joints, and is conducive to the regression of tissue edema and consolidation of curative effects, and prevent a recurrence. Patients after cervical spine surgery often need to wear a cervical brace for braking, thereby increasing the stability of the cervical spine, improving the curative effect of the operation, and stabilizing the adjuvant treatment, creating a good condition for promoting and ensuring postoperative fusion.
Second, wearing method When sitting, the two parts of the neck support from the neck back and front respectively, connected with Velcro, according to the thickness of the neck to adjust the appropriate degree of tightness, adjust the knob according to the length of the neck to the appropriate height.
III. Wearing position When lying in bed, turn over and lie on your side, place the back of the neck support on the back of the patient's neck, and use one hand to support the patient to lie on the back.
Fourth, wearing method
The first step: choose suitable neck support, put the back of the neck support behind the patient's neck, so that the patient's neck is neutral.
Step 2: Place the patient's jaw securely in the groove on the front of the cervical collar. The back of the cervical pad presses against the front to ensure effective fixation and comfort.
1. It is appropriate to wear the neck support elasticity, which is compatible with the physiological curvature of the cervical spine. If it is too tight, it will easily cause skin pressure injury on the edge of the neck support and the occipital bone.
2. The neck support should be worn immediately after surgery, and do not take it off while sleeping. Place a thin pillow in the supine position. Place small sandbags on both sides of the neck support to keep the neck in a neutral position. Shoulder.
Wearing a cervical collar plays a role in restricting the movement of the neck, but you must master the correct method of leaving the bed. Bed-removing activities require a side-lying position to get on or off the bed.
How to sit upon the bed: Depending on the patient's habit, you can choose to get out of the bed from the left or right side. First, turn over to the side you want to get out of the bed according to the axis turning method. Sit up under the bed.
Standing method: After sitting up beside the bed, use one hand to support the bed to stand beside the bed when there is no dizziness or another discomfort, and guide the patient to walk down within 24 hours after discomfort.
Daily maintenance methods:
Methods for cleaning and protecting the neck support: Keep the neck support clean, and take good care of the neck skin during wearing to keep it clean. Lie on your back when doing neck skincare and cleaning the neck support. Sandbags should be placed on both sides of the neck to keep the neck fixed.
1. Use a soft brush dipped in warm or cold water and ordinary detergent to clean the neck pad, wipe it with a towel, and dry it in a cool place. Do not use a hairdryer to dry it or expose it to the sun to avoid deformation.
2. The front and back two-piece adjustable neck support is composed of two parts, and the two parts are connected by a nylon buckle. There is an adjustable pillar in the middle of the front part of the neck support. The elasticity and height can be adjusted freely. I feel more comfortable controlling neck movements.
3. After discharge, continue to wear a cervical collar to keep the neck brake, and stop excessive movement of the cervical spine. The wearing time of the cervical collar should be determined according to the condition. Before stopping using the cervical collar, you must go to the hospital for a review before deciding to stop using it.